By murdering Walder Frey in the finale of Game of Thrones' sixth season, Arya not only crossed a major name off her infamous kill list, but also finally demonstrated the payoff of nearly two seasons of Faceless Men training. The young Stark — who entered the House of Black and White an untested, albeit scrappy, fighter — is now a ruthless assassin capable of slitting a man's throat with a smile on her face.
But while killing the man who orchestrated the Red Wedding was no doubt a satisfying moment, her quest for revenge is nowhere near complete. With several people on her list still alive and (mostly) well, Arya has her work cut out for her over the course of the final two seasons. Here are the names and crimes of everyone she intends on gifting to the Many-Faced God.
- Cersei Lannister: falsely accused Arya's father, Ned Stark, of treason and had him arrested, which led to his death
- Ilyn Payne: beheaded Ned on orders from Joffrey Baratheon
- Gregor "the Mountain" Clegane: tortured and killed people at Harrenhal, where Arya was imprisoned
- Sandor "the Hound" Clegane: killed Arya's friend, Mycah, the butcher's boy
- Melisandre: took Gendry away
- Beric Dondarrion: sold Gendry to Melisandre
- Thoros of Myr: sold Gendry to Melisandre
While it's important to note that Arya told the Waif she no longer wanted the Hound dead, that still leaves quite a few victims for her to dispose of going forward. So who will she go after now?
During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Maisie Williams — who plays Arya on the HBO drama — spoke about who she believes her character will prioritize on the list. "If I had to put them in order of who she wants dead the most — just three of them — it would probably go Cersei, Melisandre, then the Mountain or Ilyn Payne — they're on par with each other," she said.
Cersei, the Mountain and Ilyn Payne can all conveniently be found in King's Landing, making that the most logical place for her to continue her mission. However, Melisandre is headed south from Winterfell, meaning she may encounter Arya sooner rather than later. Looks like we'll just have to wait until season seven to find out who her next target will be.