'I think same-sex couples should be able to get married.'
1. PRESIDENT OBAMA, who in a May 9 interview with ABC became the first sitting U.S. President to publicly endorse same-sex marriage
'Write it down in big letters. I'm not going out like this.'
2. MARIANO RIVERA, 12-time All-Star closer for the New York Yankees, after an ACL tear led to speculation about the end of his career
'We want European cooperation. We don't want to be in the euro.'
3. DAVID CAMERON, British Prime Minister, arguing that the euro-zone countries need more-coordinated policies but not British inclusion
'Governor Romney and I have some differences. But there are many significant areas in which we agree.'
4. RICK SANTORUM, former Republican presidential candidate, endorsing presumptive nominee Mitt Romney in a late-evening e-mail to supporters
'To create the country that we want, someone has to sacrifice.'
5. SERKALEM FASIL, wife of imprisoned Ethiopian journalist Eskinder Nega, who was jailed for opposing government censorship
Percentage of U.S. teenagers who, in April, admitted to texting while driving
Sale price of the Sea Shadow stealth ship--which cost $195 million to develop--during a recent U.S. government auction
Number of U.S. veterans who commit suicide every day, according to recent estimates by the Department of Veterans Affairs
Opening-weekend haul for The Avengers, an all-time high in the U.S.
Sources: ABC; Twitter; New York Times; RickSantorum.com Reuters