'After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair.'
1. DAVID PETRAEUS, former CIA director, who resigned after admitting to a relationship with his biographer Paula Broadwell
'I'm not in love with David Petraeus. But I think he does present a terrific role model.'
2. PAULA BROADWELL, speaking in February while promoting her Petraeus biography
'You have decades upon decades to contemplate what you did, but after today ... Gabby and I are done thinking about you.'
3. MARK KELLY, husband of former Arizona Representative Gabrielle Giffords, addressing Jared Loughner--who shot his wife in the head and killed six people in January 2011--during his sentencing hearing
'I just want to ... relax. It sounds so ordinary, but I haven't done it for 20 years.'
4. HILLARY CLINTON, U.S. Secretary of State, on what she'll do after stepping down from her Cabinet position
'They won't get away with it.'
5. BENJAMIN NETANYAHU, Israeli Prime Minister, addressing those who he says attempted to strain Israel-U.S. relations by spreading rumors that he supported Mitt Romney; he later added, "The alliance with the U.S. is firm"
Nov 10, 2012 4:45 PM
Hey are you there?
Nov 11, 2012 6:14 PM
Was it something I said?
Nov 14, 2012 9:02 AM
Average number of texts U.S. cell-phone owners send each month, down from 696 earlier this year; this is the first time the figure has declined
Number of Syrians now believed to have fled their homes because of the civil war--double previous estimates
Sales of Halo 4 during its first 24 hours on the market--the biggest game launch of the year
Number of hockey games missed during the first two months of the NHL lockout; the league's Winter Classic was also canceled
Sources: NBC; ArthurKade.com CNN; New York Times; Haaretz