'We don't want a dictatorship again.'
1. AHMED HUSSEINI, a 32-year-old resident of Cairo, where more than 100,000 people gathered in Tahrir Square to protest edicts by which Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi granted himself autocratic powers
'I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge.'
2. SAXBY CHAMBLISS, U.S. Senator from Georgia, one of a handful of Republican lawmakers indicating they might break Grover Norquist's decades-old "no new taxes" pledge to avoid the fiscal cliff
'Tomorrow, a new day starts for all Greeks.'
3. ANTONIS SAMARAS, Prime Minister of Greece, after striking a deal between euro-zone finance ministers and the IMF to reduce his country's debt
'The ability to serve has very little to do with gender. It has everything to do with heart, character, ability, determination and dedication.'
4. MARY JENNINGS HEGAR, combat helicopter pilot in the California Air National Guard, one of four women who joined with the ACLU to sue the Department of Defense for barring women from certain combat roles
'Please stop watching Two and a Half Men ... and filling your head with filth.'
5. ANGUS T. JONES, star of Two and a Half Men, in videotaped testimony on the religious website the Forerunner Chronicles; the actor, 19, who has spent 10 years on the show, later apologized to Men's cast and crew
Average amount Black Friday shoppers spent this year, a 6% increase over last year's average
Estimated cost of recovery from Hurricane Sandy for New York and New Jersey, according to the latest estimates
Photos uploaded per second on Instagram during its Thanksgiving peak; the platform's record-setting traffic day generated 10 million images
Percentage of millennials who say they will earn more than their parents, despite some economic evidence suggesting otherwise
Sources: Reuters; 13WMAZ; Reuters; Stars and Stripes; the Forerunner Chronicles