'I want to look out one more time. I'm not going to see this again.'
1. PRESIDENT OBAMA, at his second Inauguration, pausing to savor the view of the crowd before leaving the stage
'The fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest? Or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they'd go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?'
2. HILLARY CLINTON, U.S. Secretary of State, testifying before a congressional committee on the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya
'I've never met Manti Te'o in my entire life. I've never spoken with him. I've never exchanged words, tweets.'
3. DIANE O'MEARA, 23, whose Facebook photographs were used in the Manti Te'o hoax; she unwittingly became the image of Lennay Kekua, the purportedly deceased invented girlfriend of Te'o, a Notre Dame football star
'Our job out here is to make sure the guys are safe on the ground, and if that means shooting someone who is shooting at them, then we will do it.'
4. PRINCE HARRY, third in line to the British throne, in an interview in which he reportedly acknowledged killing Taliban insurgents while serving in the military as a helicopter gunner in Afghanistan
'I am not in bad spirits. Sometimes I am able to see all the fingers on my hand. This gives rise to optimism and hope.'
5. SERGEI FILIN, artistic director of the Bolshoi Ballet, after an attacker wielding sulfuric acid left him severely burned and at risk of losing some of his eyesight
Cost of a test project to create an inflatable home for astronauts in space
Percentage of U.S. military commanders who have been relieved of duty in the past eight years because of sex-related offenses, including adultery, harassment and improper relationships
Total price paid at an Arizona auction for the original Batmobile used in the Batman TV show
Estimated number of people at President Obama's second Inauguration, down nearly 45% from the estimated attendance at his first
Sources: CNN; AP; the Today show; CNN; Komsomolskaya Pravda