'We were never sent here to be perfect. We were sent here to make what difference we can.'
1. PRESIDENT OBAMA, during the State of the Union address, urging Congress to take up measures dealing with such issues as gun control, climate change and investments in infrastructure
'It is almost a false argument to say we have a spending problem.'
2. NANCY PELOSI, House minority leader, arguing that stimulating growth is more important to ending the country's fiscal woes than reducing spending
'I'm basically the healthiest fat guy you've ever seen.'
3. CHRIS CHRISTIE, joking about his weight while eating a doughnut on The Late Show with David Letterman
'Apple doesn't have a Depression-era mentality.'
4. TIM COOK, CEO of Apple, responding to criticism that the company is sitting on a pile of cash it should be spending; Cook said Apple is returning $45 billion to shareholders through buybacks and dividends
'Now we have nothing to be afraid of in the world.'
5. MUN CHOL, resident of Pyongyang, after North Korea conducted its third nuclear test, possibly taking a step toward building a nuclear bomb capable of being delivered by a missile
Estimated amount Americans will spend on Valentine's Day gifts for their pets this year
Number of Hindu pilgrims killed in northern India during a stampede on the busiest day of Kumbh Mela, which is believed to be the largest religious festival in the world
Reduction in Chinese New Year fireworks sales in Beijing from 2012; city officials urged residents to set off fewer fireworks to avoid exacerbating air pollution
Years since the last fatal commercial-airline crash in the U.S. as of Feb. 13
Sources: CNN; Fox News; CBS; Wall Street Journal; AP