(2 of 2)
16. Be Carefully Cool If your car is equipped with an air conditioner, make sure its coolant is recycled whenever you have it serviced.
Equivalent CO2 reduction: thousands of pounds
17. Windows of Opportunity If you need to buy new windows, install the best energy-saving models.
Average annual CO2 reduction: up to 10,000 lbs.
18. Close Those Cracks Caulk and weatherstrip around doors and windows to plug up air leaks.
Average annual CO2 reduction: up to 1,000 lbs.
19. Put in Some Padding Insulate all your walls and ceilings.
Average annual CO2 reduction: up to 2,000 lbs.
20. People Power If possible, choose a utility company that does not produce electricity from polluting sources such as fossil fuels.
Potential CO2 reduction: huge