Greg Lovett / Reuters / Corbis
During the contentious vote count in Florida during the 2000 presidential election, Bolton represented the Republican Party. In this frame he examines a ballot along with Gerry McDonough (center), a lawyer representing the Democrats.
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Singing Spaceman: Chris Hadfield Shows How Government Can Inspire an Uninterested Public
- Yahoo!-Tumblr: It's Not What You Buy, It's What You Do With It
- Obama Talks Race, Fatherhood and Responsibility at Morehouse Commencement
- 'We're the Government, Its Worst Face': David Foster Wallace on the IRS
- Rethinking The Autistic Brain: Temple Grandin on Shifting Focus from Deficits to Strengths