Ted Turner, a Life in Business
Ted Turner is one of the world's best-known businessmen. His vast media empire includes three of cable television's most recognized brands: TBS, TNT and the first 24-hour news channel, CNN, where he posed for a portrait in 1985, above.
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Week's Best Pictures: From Texas Tornadoes to Jersey Shore's Renovation
- It's Time to Stop Obsessing Over Facebook's Profitability
- Joe Klein: Would-Be Democratic Mayors Threaten to Return NYC to Horrors of 90s
- Richard Corliss Previews 29 Movies of Summer
- David Beckham's Last Game: What He Means to Soccer