Ted Turner, a Life in Business
Ted Turner is one of the world's best-known businessmen. His vast media empire includes three of cable television's most recognized brands: TBS, TNT and the first 24-hour news channel, CNN, where he posed for a portrait in 1985, above.
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Frantic Search for Survivors: Photos of Tornado Havoc in Moore
- Rana Foroohar on Apple's Tax Dodge: Tech Is Officially the New Corporate Bad Guy
- Gay Boy Scouts Employee: I Can't Live A Lie Any Longer
- Four Non-IRS Questions for Treasury Secretary Jack Lew
- What Munchies? Marijuana May Guard Against Diabetes