Ted Turner, a Life in Business
Turner's business career began when he took over his father's billboard business in 1963 at the age of 24. Within a few years, he moved into television and other media and then, in the mid-1970's, acquired two Atlanta professional sport teams, the baseball Braves and the NBA's Hawks, in part so that he could provide programming to his growing empire.
Top Stories on Time.com
- Forget Paris: Stymied by Socialist Policies, the French Start to Quit France
- Assessing the Damage: Photos of Tornado Havoc in Moore
- Iraq's Sectarian Violence: Bombings Plunge Country Into Deadly Spiral
- Senate Immigration Bill Clears Committee in Bipartisan Vote
- Prague Will Play Matchmaker for Single Rail Riders