Magic Johnson: A Life in Sports
Johnson's winning ways began in high school, where he played on a championship team at Everett High School in Lansing, Michigan and continued in college at Michigan State University, where he lead the Spartans to the 1979 Final Four and a championship win over Indiana State University, which featured his future NBA rival, Larry Bird. For his efforts, Johnson was voted Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four.
Top Stories on Time.com
- Yahoo!-Tumblr Deal: It's Not What You Buy, It's What You Do With It
- Obama Talks Race, Fatherhood and Responsibility at Morehouse Commencement
- 'We're the Government, Its Worst Face': David Foster Wallace on the IRS
- Lessons for Government from Chris Hadfield, Singing Spaceman
- Rethinking The Autistic Brain: Temple Grandin on Shifting Focus from Deficits to Strengths