Magic Johnson: A Life in Sports
Johnson's winning ways began in high school, where he played on a championship team at Everett High School in Lansing, Michigan and continued in college at Michigan State University, where he lead the Spartans to the 1979 Final Four and a championship win over Indiana State University, which featured his future NBA rival, Larry Bird. For his efforts, Johnson was voted Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four.
Top Stories on Time.com
- 15 Years After the Fall of Suharto, a Mixed Picture of Indonesia's Minorities
- Assessing the Damage: Photos of Tornado Havoc in Moore
- Senate Immigration Bill Clears Committee in Bipartisan Vote
- A Tale of Two Factory Disasters: What Cambodia Can Teach Bangladesh
- Saudi Arabia Warns Twitter Users of Impending Damnation