Ron Howard: A Life in Hollywood
Howard's career in Hollywood began very early. He was cast as a toddler at the age of 18 months and was hired for his first speaking role at age 4. After attaining recognition for his portrayal of a young boy with a lisp in the movie musical The Music Man, he was selected for the cast of The Andy Griffith Show, on which he played Opie Taylor, Sheriff Andy's son.
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Frantic Search for Survivors: Photos of Tornado Havoc in Moore
- Rana Foroohar on Apple's Tax Dodge: Tech Is Officially the New Corporate Bad Guy
- Gay Boy Scouts Employee: I Can't Live A Lie Any Longer
- What Munchies? Marijuana May Guard Against Diabetes
- Yahoo's Tumblr Deal: Here's Who Hit the Billion-Dollar Jackpot