Ron Paul's Independent Streak
Paul's latest efforts include a new book, End the Fed, which explores the idea of abolishing the Federal Reserve Bank. Not one to shy away from a controversial idea, Paul gave a clue to what motivates him in 2008, when he ceded the Republican nomination to John McCain: "Though victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race...we must remember [that] elections are short-term efforts. Revolutions are long-term projects."
Top Stories on Time.com
- 'It's Like a War Zone': Horror and Heroism After Tornado Tears up Oklahoma
- Inside the Boy Scout Battle to Repeal the Gay Ban
- Carney's Continuing Seige: Press Sec Plays Defense on Scandals
- Cosmic Graveyard: Looking for Life in an Unlikely Place
- Stymied by Socialist Policies, the French Start to Quit France