Ron Paul's Independent Streak
Paul's latest efforts include a new book, End the Fed, which explores the idea of abolishing the Federal Reserve Bank. Not one to shy away from a controversial idea, Paul gave a clue to what motivates him in 2008, when he ceded the Republican nomination to John McCain: "Though victory in the conventional political sense is not available in the presidential race...we must remember [that] elections are short-term efforts. Revolutions are long-term projects."
Top Stories on Time.com
- Yahoo!-Tumblr Deal: It's Not What You Buy, It's What You Do With It
- Obama Talks Race, Fatherhood and Responsibility at Morehouse Commencement
- 'We're the Government, Its Worst Face': David Foster Wallace on the IRS
- Lessons for Government from Chris Hadfield, Singing Spaceman
- Rethinking The Autistic Brain: Temple Grandin on Shifting Focus from Deficits to Strengths