Kofi Annan, Man of the World
Into the Future
In 2007 Annan created a foundation in his own name dedicated to providing global leadership and mediation and conflict resolution. He has thrown his considerable influence into the battle to stop global warming and helps administer the United Nations Foundation, a $1 billion public trust created by philanthropist Ted Turner to support U.N. causes. "We are all in the same boat," he has said. "More than ever before, the human race faces global problems. We must come together and work out global solutions."
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Latest China-India Conflict Centers in the Indian Ocean
- The Price of Cool: Yahoo! Board Set to Weigh $1.1B Tumblr Deal on Sunday
- Unearthing the Roots of Sexual Abuse in the U.S. Military
- Jorge Rafael Videla, Argentina's Disappearer-in-Chief, Dies at 87
- Viewpoint: A Personal Tale of the Highs and Lows of the New Psychiatric 'Bible'