Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm
Before becoming governor, Granholm served as the state's attorney general. She is a Harvard law graduate who once aspired to become an actress (her closest brush with fame was an appearance on The Dating Game). In this photo, she speaks with her husband Dan Mulhern in the ceremonial office of the State House in Lansing.
Top Stories on Time.com
- How Syria's Rebels Aren't Winning the War: The Anatomy of a Battle
- Singing Spaceman Chris Hadfield Shows How Gov't Can Inspire the Public
- 'We're the Government, Its Worst Face': David Foster Wallace on the IRS
- Obama Talks Race, Fatherhood and Responsibility at Morehouse Commencement
- Yahoo-Tumblr: It's Not What You Buy, It's What You Do With It