Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm
In 2006, Michigan voters re-elected Granholm to a second term. Her admirers praise her intelligence, charisma and centrist instincts. She is, according to The New Republic, "an ideal spokesperson for Democratic politics in the early twenty-first century."
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Latest China-India Conflict Centers in the Indian Ocean
- The Price of Cool: Yahoo! Board Set to Weigh $1.1B Tumblr Deal on Sunday
- Unearthing the Roots of Sexual Abuse in the U.S. Military
- Jorge Rafael Videla, Argentina's Disappearer-in-Chief, Dies at 87
- Viewpoint: A Personal Tale of the Highs and Lows of the New Psychiatric 'Bible'