Skateboarding Superstar Tony Hawk
Beginning from an extremely early age, Tony Hawk has redefined the sport of skateboarding. Given his first board at the age of 9, Hawk was a pro by 14 and a multiple title-holder and champion by the time he graduated from high school in 1986.
Top Stories on Time.com
- Scenes of Destruction: Tornado Flattens Suburb Outside Oklahoma City, Kills Dozens
- Why There's No "e" in Tumblr and Other Mysteries of the $1 Billion Yahoo Deal
- Immigration Bill Navigates Early Obstacles
- Richard Corliss Reviews Fast and Furious 6: No End to the Adrenaline Yet
- Viewpoint: Facebook and Other Tech Giants Should Be Paying Their Users