Charlie Crist has been a part of Florida's political landscape since 1992, when he was first elected into the state's Senate as a Republican. After serving for six years as a state senator, Crist moved on to stints as Florida's education commissioner and attorney general, under then Governor Jeb Bush.
Top Stories on Time.com
- 'We're the Government, Its Worst Face': David Foster Wallace on the IRS
- Lessons for Government from Chris Hadfield, Singing Spaceman
- Rethinking The Autistic Brain: Temple Grandin on Shifting Focus from Deficits to Strengths
- Facebook's Low Stock Price Won't Affect Its Legacy
- Joe Klein: Would-Be Democratic Mayors Threaten to Return NYC to Horrors of 90s