After cashing out of PayPal, Musk has earned near-celebrity status as the CEO of Tesla Motors. Named after the engineer Nikola Tesla, the company first rolled out its signature electric sports car the Roadster in 2008.
Top Stories on Time.com
- Massive Tornado Slams Into Oklahoma City Suburb
- Why There's No "e" in Tumblr and Other Mysteries of the $1 Billion Yahoo Deal
- Pro-Obama Group Targeting GOP on Climate Change
- Richard Corliss Reviews Fast and Furious 6: No End to the Adrenaline Yet
- Rana Foroohar: Two Ideas to Rescue Republicans' Failed Economic Policies