The Trek Before Trek
Among the many roles Shatner took during his early career was the part of Jim Whitely, a man who discovers a strange glass eye in a 1957 episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents, for which he prepares, above, and an episode from The Man from U.N.C.L.E. that would also feature his future acting partner Leonard Nimoy.
Top Stories on Time.com
- Joe Klein: Would-Be Democratic Mayors Threaten to Return NYC to Horrors of 90s
- Let's Celebrate the One-Year Anniversary of Facebook's IPO by Ending Discussion of It!
- Richard Corliss Previews 29 Movies of Summer
- The Latest China-India Conflict Centers in the Indian Ocean
- Unearthing the Roots of Sexual Abuse in the U.S. Military