In her latest release, the real-life story Conviction, which opened on October 15, Swank stars as Betty Anne Waters, a single mother who goes to law school in order to overturn her brother's wrongful conviction for murder.
Top Stories on Time.com
- Gambling on Tumblr: Mayer's Billion Dollar Bet to Make Yahoo Cool
- Deadly Tornadoes Tear Through Plains, Killing At Least 1
- White House Sends New Message Man to Manage Scandals
- Rana Foroohar: Two New Ideas to Rescue Republicans' Failed Economic Plans
- Syria's Rebels Aren't Winning the War: Anatomy of a Battle