In her latest release, the real-life story Conviction, which opened on October 15, Swank stars as Betty Anne Waters, a single mother who goes to law school in order to overturn her brother's wrongful conviction for murder.
Top Stories on Time.com
- Joe Klein: Would-Be Democratic Mayors Threaten to Return NYC to the Horrors of the 90s
- One Year After IPO, Facebook's Stock Price Doesn't Reflect the Company's Importance
- Richard Corliss Previews 29 Movies of Summer
- The Latest China-India Conflict Centers in the Indian Ocean
- Unearthing the Roots of Sexual Abuse in the U.S. Military