Pictures of the Week
A victim of a mass rape poses for a portrait in Fizi, Democratic Republic of Congo. The woman was one of nearly fifty who were raped during a campaign by Congolese soldiers on the night of January 1, 2011. A Congolese court sentenced an army colonel to 20 years in prison, convicting him of crimes against humanity in the highest-profile sexual violence case ever tried in the nation.
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Week's Best Pictures: From Texas Tornadoes to Jersey Shore's Renovation
- It's Time to Stop Obsessing Over Facebook's Profitability
- Joe Klein: Would-Be Democratic Mayors Threaten to Return NYC to Horrors of 90s
- Richard Corliss Previews 29 Movies of Summer
- David Beckham's Last Game: What He Means to Soccer