Pictures of the Day: Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2010
Don't Eat Me
A costumed man sharpens a knife along a street during a carnival in southwestern Macedonia's village of Vevcani. The carnival is always held on St. Vasilij's day, which marks the beginning in the New Year by the Julian calendar. The masks usually represent pagan rituals, Biblical issues and political satire.
Top Stories on Time.com
- The Latest China-India Conflict Centers in the Indian Ocean
- The Price of Cool: Yahoo! Board Set to Weigh $1.1B Tumblr Deal on Sunday
- Unearthing the Roots of Sexual Abuse in the U.S. Military
- Jorge Rafael Videla, Argentina's Disappearer-in-Chief, Dies at 87
- Viewpoint: A Personal Tale of the Highs and Lows of the New Psychiatric 'Bible'