Rome: 10 Things to Do
4. Via del Governo Vecchio
If you look out ol' Giorgio's living room window (from the Giorgio de Chirico House-Museum) across Piazza di Spagna, you will see the famous Via Condotti, which stacks most of the best-known Italian designers into a 100-m stretch of real estate. For my money, though, I'd go to the other side of downtown for a less well-known, but no less elegant shopping experience on Via del Governo Vecchio, where you can buy everything from fur to bathing suits. It may not exactly be a bargain for American shoppers, but you'll probably find items not yet available in the U.S.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Staying Power: 90s Supermodels Are (Still) Having a Moment
- Xbox One Raises the Burden of Privacy Safeguards: 5 Questions for Microsoft
- London Man Hacked to Death in Suspected Terrorist Attack
- Iran's Supreme Leader Tightens Grip After Disqualifying Two Top Presidential Candidates
- The Xbox One Is All-New -- But Familiar, Too
- Theme Park Inflation: Universal Orlando Becomes First to Cross $90 Admission Mark
- Fiction's Greatest: We Pick the 13 Most Memorable People Who Never Lived
- With Xbox One, Microsoft Emphasizes TV over Games
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Watch: And the Winners Are...
- Daft Punk's 'Random Access Memories' is Sleek, Bold