Moscow: 10 Things to Do
The classic Moscow of the Romanovs, Leo Tolstoy, ballet impresario Sergei Diaghilev and cellist Mstislav Rostropovich is well known around the world: The Kremlin, the Bolshoi Ballet, the Tretyakov Gallery, the Pushkin State Museum and the Conservatory top most to-do lists. But there's another Moscow alternately ostentatious, hip, crass, beautiful, elegant, luxurious and fascinating that all visitors to the city must see if they want to get a feel for what this place is all about.
Connect to this TIME Story
Time.com Best & Worst Lists
- Germany Has Become the Cut-Rate Prostitution Capital of the World
- <i>World War Z</i>: Brad Pitt vs. the Zombies
- Who Should The Voice Want to Win The Voice?
- All of a Sudden, There Aren't Enough Electric Cars to Keep Up with Demand
- It's Official: Nook Tablets Are Now Ridiculously Cheap
- Starbucks is Adding Calorie Counts, But Will it Curb Consumption?
- Jay-Z, Samsung and the 21st-Century Patrons of the Arts
- Google Challenges NSA Secrecy in FISA Court
- Underage Teen Sex: Is a Girl Being Prosecuted for Being Gay?
- 50 Best Websites 2013
- Starbucks Busted for Brewing with 'Toilet' Water in Hong Kong
- Oreo's Latest Limited-Edition Flavor: Watermelon
- Adding Red Meat to Your Diet Linked to Higher Risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Why They Build Mega Yachts in Central China — an Economic Mystery Story
- Talk Therapy or Antidepressant? A Brain Scan Predicts Which Works Best for Your Depression
- More Breast-Feeding Could Save Billions and Prevent Thousands of Breast-Cancer Cases